Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati.
The Federal Government has said it will hand over arrested members of the Boko Haram sect to the International Criminal Court located at The Hague, Netherlands, for prosecution.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, who made the Presidency’s position known in an exclusive interview with Saturday PUNCH on Thursday, however, said the sect members would only be handed over to the ICC based on request.
He explained that the Federal Government had yet to receive such a request from the court.
The Defence Headquarters last week said it had over 1,000 Boko Haram suspects in its custody.
This revelation was made shortly after the Chief Prosecutor of ICC, Fatou Bensouda, said there was a reason to believe that crimes against humanity had been committed in Nigeria by the militant group. She