A Labor Day with friends turned into a devastating tragedy for four high school students when one accidentally shot another, and then killed himself out of despair.
Marsavious 'Savie' Frazier was showing Daquarion Hunter, both 17, a gun as they sat by side in an alley behind their friend's home in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The gun accidentally went off and struck Hunter in the chest, causing him to drop to the ground.
Frazier immediately panicked and ran, putting the gun to his head before pulling the trigger. Both
teens' bodies were found just 30 yards away from each other.
Their 17-year-old friend Armonte Tolbert, who saw the horrible incident unfold, was holding Hunter when police arrived, crying and screaming in shock.
Tolbert told police the three teens and their friend Timothy Whittaker had spent most of the day playing video games before going to their usual 'chill spot' next to the garage at his house.
The teens had set up chairs in the area and were hanging out around 9pm when Frazier revealed he was upset after seeing a woman earlier that evening.
Tolbert told police Frazier had made comments about hurting himself but that his friends were able to 'talk him down', according to the Kalamazoo Gazette .
This was apparently not unusual for Frazier, who Tolbert told police had made 'suicidal comments in the past as well'. But on that day there was 'no further concern' among the friends and Whittaker left for five minutes to walk to a nearby convenience store.
Tolbert was texting on his phone when he saw Frazier pull out a gun and begin 'playing with it'.
The teen told police he had never seen Frazier with a gun before, and did not know he had one on him until just moments before the shooting.
Whittaker was near the alley when he heard a 'pop' sound over the music coming through his headphones. Then he heard a screen and saw Hunter fall to the ground.
He then saw Frazier running toward him. The friends were only three feet apart from each other when the teen stopped and shot himself in the head, according to the police report.
Authorities added that neither of the teens had consumed alcohol or used drugs prior to the incident. Emergency responders started CPR on Frazier after feeling a faint pulse, but he could not be saved.
The friends were both pronounced dead in the alley where they had hung out together countless times before.