Fire broke out at Bakassi Block 2 with 25 rooms per floor storey building which serves as girls hostel at Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. The incident was said to have started at 5:20 a.m today after.
Although no casualties or injuries were recorded. Some students had Post Disaster Trauma shocks and have been rushed to federal medical center, Yaba and General Hospital, Randle avenue, Surulere.
Those in shock have been stabilized already.
20 rooms were completely damaged while 5 rooms were partially affected at the topmost floor.
The Zonal Coordinator, Alh. Suleiman Yakubu led other all response Agencies , NEMA, LASEMA, STATE FIRE SERVICE, UNILAG FIRE SERVICE AND YABA TECH FIRE SERVICE, to the scene.
More photos below...