Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Former Chelsea and England striker, Carlton Cole to be sacked by Indonesian club after failing to score a single goal


Football striker, Carlton Cole who signed for Indonesian side Persib Bandung on a 10-month deal in March is on the verge of being sacked by the club for having failed to score a single goal since his arrival.
According to the manager of the Club, Umuh Muchtar, the former Chelsea, West Ham and England striker plays very badly' compared to other foreign players' and therefore want him replaced for the
second stage of the season, which starts on Saturday.



Muchtar said: 'He plays very badly compared to the other (foreign players) who have joined Persib. He had the worst performance.'
Reacting to the manager's claims, the 33-year-old striker played down reports he has been let go by Persib Bandung and has hit back at his boss for trying to butt him out of the club.
'I am fit as a fiddle,' Cole said on talkSPORT. 'The manager didn't bring me here and he doesn't want me to play. That's what's going on.
'I have the full backing of the board. There's a war going on in the club that I am a part of.
'He wants to bring his own players in so he can get paid. There's a lot of things going on behind the scenes.
'I have started two games out of 16 because he has not wanted to play me.
'Me and Michael Essien are playing catch-up. There's no reserve league here. He's trying to point fingers because of his bad management.
'I don't like to leave unfinished business. I don't want to be in the middle. The fans have been unbelievable.
'It's very political, but I want to carry on here and progress with the team. I get the blame for everything.
'I am flabbergasted. The manager is trying to get me out. It's difficult because of one guy. I will resolve it.'
Also ranting on his Instagram this afternoon, the England footballer wrote:
'I will be professional and calm as I usually am. But this direct attack on me for the whole season must stop. Look at yourself first before you point fingers at good people. I was very surprised and disappointed what came out of Umuh Muchtar's mouth on sky sports news in England.'
 And I would like to clarify I have a great relationship with Persib and everyone connected to the team. But this manipulation of the media has to stop somewhere because when you intentionally try to damage my career that I have worked so hard for it starts to get personal.
I have not once mentioned this man's name in a bad way, he has not once supported me since I arrived at the club. And I haven't been treated fairly but I kept my mouth shut and worked hard and kept everything professional. I am still Persib player until I tell you otherwise.
I have a 1-year contract here and I have enjoyed it so far even though I have had to turn a blind eye to these direct attacks from this man in the media. Anyway let's hope for the best in the near future for Persib Bandung.


No comments:

Post a Comment